Donation suggestions

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
kjSR3yyK
Level 1
Level 1

Donation suggestions

Post by kjSR3yyK »

Hello,

Donation page only allows PayPal :o , clothing on third party website or cash in mail sent to New York :shock:
That's pretty conservative to say it lightly.

I'd like to see modern donation options please, at least something like Bitcoin/Bitcoin Lightning. I am in the UK, but I don't use PayPal, and I won't be sending cheque or cash in mail to United States. So me, and thousands of others like me, won't be donating at all until workable options are available.

Can you share your thoughts on that? Thanks.
dimesio

Re: Donation suggestions

Post by dimesio »

It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to donate via PayPal; anyone with a credit card can do it.

The donation options are necessarily limited to those accepted by Wine's fiscal sponsor, Software Freedom Conservancy. It is possible to donate via wire transfer, but the bank details are not published on the web because of the risk of fraud. https://sfconservancy.org/donate/ has instructions for obtaining wire transfer instructions from Conservancy.
q4o

Re: Donation suggestions

Post by q4o »

It would be nice if you could add a Bitcoin address. I am more comfortable sending mBTC. You can't donate anonymously with credit cards, wire transfers or cheques. There's no law preventing 501(c)(3)'s from accepting cryptocurrencies. Please pass this on to your higher-ups at sfconservancy. Thanks.