AppDB not mantained any more?

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
mrsarm

AppDB not mantained any more?

Post by mrsarm »

I have submitted one app version review and 2 screenshots more than a month ago, and I don't have any feedback. Is the AppDB site not maintained any more? I so, please could you just remove the submission form? It's really frustrating to spend time writing a review to not ever seeing it published or reviewed.

You can either:
  • Keep AppDB alive but without accepting more reviews any more.
  • If you don't have enough resources to monitor all the submissions, accept all of them by default. You can later remove any submission flagged as unappropriated, it's less time consuming.
dimesio

Re: AppDB not mantained any more?

Post by dimesio »

Assuming you mean your submission for reMarkable Desktop App, version 2.8.2, my apologies that it wasn't looked at sooner. From what I can tell, the application had a supermaintainer at the time you submitted your report, and that is who should have processed it. The supermaintainer has since been removed for inactivity, and I just processed your submission. Unfortunately, I had to reject it because you used PlayOnLinux and based your rating on that. Test reports and ratings must be based on plain Wine. You can, however, use the extra comments section to compare a third party version to plain Wine (e.g., "can be installed using PlayOnLinux but not with plain Wine").
mrsarm

Re: AppDB not mantained any more?

Post by mrsarm »

I can understand if the company behind WineHQ rejects claims based on forks / patched versions of Wine when offering paid support, but in an open community where is the people the one is given support to other people? Imaging askubuntu.com removing questions or responses from people that use Xubuntu, Kubuntu or any of its forks? Although they only support Ubuntu, they are more than welcome to allow people from the community to engage.

Rejecting a collaboration like that it's an invitation to not ever collaborate or engage with the project any more, this is the last time I spend my time that I gave for free in a community with I think it's against what have being driving successful collaboration and open source communities what are today.