wine+wineasio under mac os x 10.6

Questions about Wine on macOS.
martin72

Post by martin72 »

I've been using JackWASIO and 10.5 Leopard fine, but since I switched to Snow Leo 10.6 I can't find a way to use wineasio low latency driver at all. Have tried to install some version of Wine (that comes with WineBottler) and a new CrossOver Games 8.0 but no luck: wineasio doesn't appear in the Audio preferences of winecfg. Is there a clear way (for someone who aren't in developing at all) to install Wine and wineasio low latency audiodriver to work with mac os x 10.6? Thanks.
Peter L Jones

Post by Peter L Jones »

Hi,

Can't help unfortunately. Have a try also posting on the jackd list -- I know
both drivers have been discussed there recently. (We were talking about
merging them and me dropping maintenance of wineasio...)

Regards,

-- Peter

On 13/03/2010 16:27, martin72 wrote:
I've been using JackWASIO and 10.5 Leopard fine, but since I switched to
Snow Leo 10.6 I can't find a way to use wineasio low latency driver at all.
Have tried to install some version of Wine (that comes with WineBottler) and
a new CrossOver Games 8.0 but no luck: wineasio doesn't appear in the Audio
preferences of winecfg. Is there a clear way (for someone who aren't in
developing at all) to install Wine and wineasio low latency audiodriver to
work with mac os x 10.6? Thanks.
martin72

Post by martin72 »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've found that wineasio is the only way to get a low-latency audio from any windows application on Mac. So for now it's not possible at all. If that's not true, please report.
Peter L Jones

Post by Peter L Jones »

Hi,

wineasio is generally discussed on the jackd mailing list.

If you're having problems with it, it's probably a good idea to post on the
jackd mailing list.

Regards,

-- Peter

On 14/03/2010 09:19, martin72 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've found that wineasio is the only
way to get a low-latency audio from any windows application on Mac. So for
now it's not possible at all. If that's not true, please report.
On 13/03/2010 22:54, Peter L Jones wrote:
Hi,

Can't help unfortunately. Have a try also posting on the jackd list -- I know
both drivers have been discussed there recently. (We were talking about
merging them and me dropping maintenance of wineasio...)

Regards,

-- Peter
wineaholic

I have found the fix!!!!

Post by wineaholic »

Hi Guys,

To get it working install the correct version of JackOSX and the wineasio from Meskalina.

Make sure you then copy all the symlinks for jack from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib

This will also work with crossover 8 +

Have fun!!!!!

Wineaholic

:shock:
martin72

Post by martin72 »

Hi wineaholic,

your info has really helped me! ASIO driver now works as before but with crossover 8.0! Thank you very much! Good luck!
wineaholic

Cool!

Post by wineaholic »

Thanks for the feedabck martin72. I was waiting for someone to get back to me with their personal feedback on this fix.

I was messing around with mac ports and builiding wine manually and stumbled across this idea.

Something to do with 32bit libraries i think. These is probably a better fix by adding extra folders into path for certian apps but I am not smart enough for that!

This fix is only suitable for crossover. For wine you have to create an additional set of symlinks in the relevant /lib folder for wine.

For macport wine it is /opt/lib i believe and another location for wine self build and probably also for fink wine.

You need to put the symlinks in the relevant /lib folder depending on where your wine is installed.

I am away form my computer right nowbut if anyone has any questions about this, let me know and I can get back to you.

I current have 2 copies of jack symlinks into /opt/lib (macports wine) and the crossover one as well (mentionned in my fix above)

I must admit is was very annoyed that wineasio was not working with snow leopard and had a big smile on my face when i worked this one out!

Take care,

Regards,

Wineaholic :wink: 8)
Dewdman42
Level 2
Level 2

Re: wine+wineasio under mac os x 10.6

Post by Dewdman42 »

JackOSX 0.90 update

JackOSX 0.90 has again broken compatibility with Meskalina's wineasio for OSX.

In the OS update to Snow Leopard, the location of the sym links changed, as detailed earlier in this thread.

JackOSX 0.90 did not change the location of the sym links, but it changed where they are pointing to, the dereferenced libraries have been moved from /Library/Frameworks/... to /System/Library/Frameworks/...

If you are trying to get Meskalina's wineasio working with JackOSX 0.90 on Snowleo or newer, then copy the sym links that were installed by JackOSX 0.90 from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib again, and that should fix it.

By the way, the only way I could find to cleanly and correctly copy sym links is to use tar. Here is a little script that will do it, run at your own risk as root.

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/lib
tar -cvf jacklibs.tar libjack*
mv jacklibs.tar /usr/lib
cd /usr/lib
tar -xvf jacklibs.tar
rm jacklibs.tar