How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead eth0

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Johnyz

How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead eth0

Post by Johnyz »

Hello, i was running Hamachi and World of Warcraft server. Now i installed Linux Ubuntu and linux-version of Hamachi on it. Then i installed the World of Warcraft under Wine. When i want to connect (realmlist is set to the hamachi IP of the server PC) its just stuck on /Connecting/. After a long research i found this: Wine uses eth0 network interface and Hamachi is ham0 network interface so the question is: How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead eth0? The search on this forum/wiki didn't return ANY results about hamachi or ham0 and Google returned just unsolved questions on various forums. So does anyone knows the solution?
vitamin

Re: How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead

Post by vitamin »

Johnyz wrote:Hello, i was running Hamachi and World of Warcraft server. Now i installed Linux Ubuntu and linux-version of Hamachi on it. Then i installed the World of Warcraft under Wine. When i want to connect (realmlist is set to the hamachi IP of the server PC) its just stuck on /Connecting/. After a long research i found this: Wine uses eth0 network interface and Hamachi is ham0 network interface so the question is: How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead eth0? The search on this forum/wiki didn't return ANY results about hamachi or ham0 and Google returned just unsolved questions on various forums. So does anyone knows the solution?
If 'hostname -i' returns IP address of the eth0 interface then you need to edit /etc/hosts. And associate ip address of the ham0 with your hostname.
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

Hey, thanks, that actually answers to this:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=1938

Though I had already figured it out on my own messing there :)
crazy-biscuit

Re: How to make Wine use the network interface ham0 instead

Post by crazy-biscuit »

Could you be so kind ant let me know step by step how to change the wine device from etho to ham0? Or at least set it's priority on top?