Problems with Flatout

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Problems with Flatout

Post by portaro »

Hello this is my first topic, so thanks for read my topic and thanks for leave to participate in the forum.

My question is ->

I try install flatout 2 on my pc but dont work ->

give me a message with failed to load bf0

I try to d portable version but he stop in the load of race.

[games i tested in wine - Need for speed Most wanted : works, Medieval Total War II: Works, FEAR Perseus Mandate: Works Dead Rising 2 : Works. FIFA 09: dont works for me, Metro 2033: dont works for me, Far Cry: in past works actually dont works, Need for speed undercover: dont works for me.]

Im interest in make workable flatout 2 but i tested, official game and ISO games i search in web and dont works, the portable version is the single method i can boot the game but stop in the load of first race.

Thanks.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Problems with Flatout

Post by portaro »

portaro wrote:Hello this is my first topic, so thanks for read my topic and thanks for leave to participate in the forum.

My question is ->

I try install flatout 2 on my pc but dont work -> data/database/

give me a message with
( failed to load binary database/FlatOut2.db)

I try to d portable version but he stop in the load of race.

[games i tested in wine - Need for speed Most wanted : works, Medieval Total War II: Works, FEAR Perseus Mandate: Works Dead Rising 2 : Works. FIFA 09: dont works for me, Metro 2033: dont works for me, Far Cry: in past works actually dont works, Need for speed undercover: dont works for me.]

Im interest in make workable flatout 2 but i tested, official game and ISO games i search in web and dont works, the portable version is the single method i can boot the game but stop in the load of first race.

Thanks.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Are you runnning Flatout at notebook or PC (desktop)?

Which winetrics componets are installed? Are you running your game from default prefix or special one?

Have you checked AppDb for its known issues?

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=4915

Is you CD copy protected? If yes, rather if you'll have fixed exe (flatout.exe), replace the original with appropriate to your version (1.0 or 1.2 etc).
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

The game s cracked, i receive a messages with problems to load the database after this i try execute game with the .exe present on wine path and receive other message problem to load fo2c.bfs, after this i replce this archive with the archive of a ISO, and after replace, the message dont appear but other appear ->

Failed to load /data/language/version.ini, i search in ISO the version.ini and nothing appear, so i leave try to install this game.

I have a different ISO 's i down to try install the game, but neither work.

I dont try install it with playonlinux i use exclusively Wine.

In winetricks i dont install anything.

I down the patches to flatout but dont work.
I like this game this is the reason i try install it on wine
in this momment i use this version of wine
wine-1.4-rc6

In past i try install this same game on other versions of wine and no work.

Thanks for your help.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Hmm. This is quite strange. Because I've installed "Flatout 2" (and "Flatout UC") on my both PCs. And never meet any problems, it runs in Wine fine everytime. Let me check if it works from clean prefix or not. Then I'll answer.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

I have a portable version of flatout 2 this can be launched but after try initiate a race the game stop on loading race.

I try install flatout (1) and dont work.

I down and try install flatout 3 and dont work.

All games are crack and work in windows environments, but on linux and wine i cant make this work.
jjmckenzie

Problems with Flatout

Post by jjmckenzie »

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM, portaro <[email protected]> wrote:
I have a portable version of flatout 2 this can be launched but after try initiate a race the game stop on loading race.

I try install flatout (1) and dont work.

I down and try install flatout 3 and dont work.

All games are crack and work in windows environments, but on linux and  wine i cant make this work.
We don't support cracked games. Get a legal copy without the crack
and then they should run in Wine.

James
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

Well i try this cracked versions to see if game works in Linux on wine, if dont work i dont spend money i buy games i dont use windows i use Linux only.

I have the first version game (legal) flatout and dont work.

I have other legal game and in the case of Colin Mcrae rally 2005 the legal version dont work i down a cracked game and work.

So if you want a legal game try find the final versions to test on net because is can possible the legal game dont work and crack work.

Many thanks for the help.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Ok, if we're talking of "legal" or not, as about me, I have only legal DVDs for every game I'm playing (incl Steam versions with steam keys and Origin games - legal digital copies, also), but I can't run most of them in usual way while they are copy protected. So I'm using "fixed exe". Is it a crime? ))

For you, portaro, here is a cure, as if if you say you have clean prefix and not used winetricks, so you need only one file to get the Flatout 2 working: d3dx9_30.dll

Google for it, download, and place it into the game folder where your Flatout2.exe is.
The best way to obtain dll is to copy it from /Windows/System32 (if you have it installed) folder to be sure it's clean and doesn't contain some virus code and it isn't fake.

Try to do it first.
Else, at first start you need carefully choose the sound device in configuration screen.
To reconfigure, just delete Savegame folder from game directory.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

Thanks Alex_G, in a short momment i feel your feedback and try know if solve the problem.

In the legal question - is not my intention promote cracking or take a discussion about paralell ilegal economy with games.

I only search if this game in question can work in my Linux because i like the game, i have the first version but dont work, and the second version is best.

For many users of Linux any feedback about proprietary games run or not in Linux is very important.

Many people, try search in father google about games in wine and in ISO to test if game works, the demo versions can be a confused path because demos can work and final game no, so people try test complete games. And if test works well probably people is secure and buy the game in question.

If the proprietary games industry make games for Linux this problem dont exist.

Thanks.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

No work.

Many Thanks for help.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Are you using ISO-image? Maybe it is just damaged?

I'm installing my game from legal CD, then replace only one file - FlatOut2.exe, and add d3dx9_30.dll directly into the game folder (when launching form clean prefix).

All works fine.

Which way you use to start the game? File browser? Have you tried to launch it from terminal?
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

In terminal error->
wine '/home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire Interactive/FlatOut2/FlatOut2.exe'
fixme:ntoskrnl:IoAllocateErrorLogEntry stub: 0x6832e4a0, 48

if i try launch game on wine launcher in menu launcher he give other error->

zlib error (-3) : unknow compression method.

No work.

Thanks for you support.
jjmckenzie

Problems with Flatout

Post by jjmckenzie »

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM, portaro <[email protected]> wrote:
In terminal error->
 wine '/home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire Interactive/FlatOut2/FlatOut2.exe'
fixme:ntoskrnl:IoAllocateErrorLogEntry stub: 0x6832e4a0, 48
You need to change to the directory where the program is installed first:

Code: Select all

cd '/home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire Interactive/FlatOut2'
wine FlatOut2.exe
James
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Actually command line must looks this:

wine /home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire\ Interactive/FlatOut2/FlatOut2.exe
(backslash must be added where the space between words is present)

or like this
wine "/home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire Interactive/FlatOut2/FlatOut2.exe"[/color]
(quotes added, no backslash needed)

as about zlib error, either you have some files damaged either the game meets something else that incompatible, I dunno.
Wait, I'll try to run the game with unpacked bfs-files maybe it will help.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Ahh, i'm sorry!

Don't use this way to launch as I propose! ))

You must change directory first, as James wrote. Use that method only. :D
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

And the last thing you have to try is this:

Download this utility (bfs2unpacker) from here:

http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?optio ... own&id=115

you need only 2 files from that archive - bfs2unpacker.exe and zlib1.dll

At first, place zlib1.dll into the game folder and start Flatout2.exe, if you'll see it doesn't help yet, use the bfs2unpacker.

Print in terminal:

cd /home/joao/.wine/drive_c/Programas/Empire\ Interactive/FlatOut2/
wine bfs2unpacker.exe fo2a.bfs
and wait for extraction of all files from .bfs (approx. 3-5 minutes). you'll see new "Data" folder appear with sub-folders inside

then repeat it for next files:

wine bfs2unpacker.exe fo2b.bfs

wine bfs2unpacker.exe fo2b.bfs
When all will be done, delete or rename filesystem - file also, if your game will start working you may delete all three fo2n.bfs, you don't need them anymore, cause all game data will be in its folder now.

Yesterday I've checked that method, and it works.

Don't forget that d3dx9_30.dll must present in game directory also.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Excuse me, last filename must be fo2c.bfs

wine bfs2unpacker.exe fo2c.bfs
(there are three of them a, b and c) :)
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

Dont work give a message -

Failed to load binary database ' data/Database//FlatOut2.db`

I feell your step by step guide, put dll, in folder put zlib, put the commands on my terminal to extract bf2unpacker, rename filesystem and nothing.

Many thanks for your big support.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

i rename the archive present on data/database/flatout2.db

to

data/database/FlatOut2.db

and nothing.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

So, all your bfs-files has been extracted without any problems?

Did you replace FlatOut2.exe or some other files manually from somewhere after the game come installed? (from some "Crack" folder etc& for example?)

Maybe you have to download another version of ISO from another resource?

as with flatout2.db - what size of the file do you have (in Kilobytes)?
Mine is 344.1 Kb (352 332)

Maybe your exe-file is just incompatible (for example 1.0 and other components are 1.2)

I dunno what else and where it could be wrong.

If you want I could give you mine flatout2.db for you may check with it whether it run or not. I could do it via E-Mail. You may tell the address over PM
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

Yes you hit in target, i view the properties of

flatout2.db
and he have 0 bytes.

I send to you a request mail to provide if you can your .db.

Many thanks.
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Ok. Check your mailbox
Alex_G
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alex_G »

Joao, if your PC have dual boot with Linux/Windows, so why just not to copy the game folder from Windows drive (if it works fine there).

Try it if you didn't yet.
portaro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by portaro »

Im not use windows in this momment.

i have 2 pcs and 2 have linux with system, windows is good only for games. LInux is my first choice. Maybe i can put windows in one of my pcs only for play games.

I down and activate teamviewer.