WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help




 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:18 pm 
 
The DVD starts and the flash screen comes up. It sits for a while, then
closes abnormally:
Fedora 16 with the following installed:
Jan 30 20:45:28 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-core-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:45:29 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-common-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:29 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-courier-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:30 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-symbol-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:30 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-ms-sans-serif-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:30 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-marlett-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:33 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-small-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:34 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-system-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:45:35 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-tahoma-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:47:05 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-systemd-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:47:06 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-desktop-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:47:06 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-fonts-1.3.37-1.fc16.noarch
Jan 30 20:47:21 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-alsa-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:21 atlas yum[11575]: Updated:
wine-pulseaudio-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:21 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-openal-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:22 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-twain-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:22 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-ldap-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:23 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-wow-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:23 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-capi-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:23 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-cms-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
Jan 30 20:47:24 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686

[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/
assets/ installers/ pages/ tcauto.exe xml/
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6abae480
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x10be8cc, overlapped
0x10be8b0): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/xxxxxxxxx/.wine' has been updated.
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated.
Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can
find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} could be created for context 0x17
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f70c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:wininet:InternetLockRequestFile STUB
err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x111bf4), expect
failure
err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x1124d4), expect
failure

wine configured as Windows 7, Screen resolution 1024x768.

wine configured as Windows 2008 R2 does not display splash screen.

wine configured as Windows 2008 displays splash screen and nothing else.
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated.
Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can
find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} could be created for context 0x17
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f70c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:wininet:InternetLockRequestFile STUB
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW
lock (0x111bfc), expect failure
err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x112504), expect
failure

Is this hopeless: trying to get tax software to work on open source
operating system?

--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR


Top 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 1153
On 2/4/12 6:17 PM, Ken Stephens wrote:
Quote:
The DVD starts and the flash screen comes up. It sits for a while,
then closes abnormally:
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/
assets/ installers/ pages/ tcauto.exe xml/
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
Most Windows programs expect to be run from their installation directory
thus the above becomes:

cd /media/HRBlock2011
wine tcauto.exe


Quote:
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is
outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually,
you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
This needs to be updated or installed. Contact the Fedora forums on how
to install this product.

Quote:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
This can be ignored. This CLSID comes from the Speech API and if not
found, speech is not enabled.

James


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am 
 
James McKenzie wrote:
Quote:
On 2/4/12 6:17 PM, Ken Stephens wrote:
Quote:
The DVD starts and the flash screen comes up. It sits for a while,
then closes abnormally:
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/
assets/ installers/ pages/ tcauto.exe xml/
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
Most Windows programs expect to be run from their installation
directory thus the above becomes:

cd /media/HRBlock2011
wine tcauto.exe


Quote:
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is
outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
This needs to be updated or installed. Contact the Fedora forums on
how to install this product.

Quote:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
This can be ignored. This CLSID comes from the Speech API and if not
found, speech is not enabled.

James





[xxxxxxxx@atlas sanjuan28]$ cd /media/HRBlock2011/
[xxxxxxxx@atlas HRBlock2011]$ wine tcauto.exe
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated.
Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can
find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} could be created for context 0x17
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f70c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 12
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:InternetLockRequestFile STUB

Get the following window:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: D:\tcauto.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
|OK|

The clicked OK:
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (0).
[xxxxxxxx@atlas HRBlock2011]$ err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting
active MRSW lock (0x111bf4), expect failure
err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x1124d4), expect
failure


--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 am 
 
James McKenzie wrote:
Quote:
On 2/4/12 6:17 PM, Ken Stephens wrote:
Quote:
The DVD starts and the flash screen comes up. It sits for a while,
then closes abnormally:
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/
assets/ installers/ pages/ tcauto.exe xml/
[xxxxxxxx@atlas ~]$ wine /media/HRBlock2011/tcauto.exe
Most Windows programs expect to be run from their installation
directory thus the above becomes:

cd /media/HRBlock2011
wine tcauto.exe


Quote:
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is
outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
This needs to be updated or installed. Contact the Fedora forums on
how to install this product.
Fixed by installing samba-winbind.
Quote:
Quote:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
not registered
This can be ignored. This CLSID comes from the Speech API and if not
found, speech is not enabled.

James





Still no joy. How do I find out which driver is not found?

--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR


Top 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 am 
Offline
Level 6
Level 6

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 599
Hi Ken,

did you try to set emulation to Windows XP in winecfg (and maybe reinstall in a clean wineprefix)? Win XP compatibility is probably best supported at the moment. You could also try "winetricks ie7".


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 8354
Ken Stephens wrote:
Fedora 16 with the following installed:
Jan 30 20:45:28 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-core-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686

The current development release is 1.4-rc2. Upgrade.

Quote:
wine configured as Windows 7, Screen resolution 1024x768.

wine configured as Windows 2008 R2 does not display splash screen.


And what about the default, which is XP?


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 am 
 
dimesio wrote:
Quote:
Ken Stephens wrote:
Quote:
Fedora 16 with the following installed:
Jan 30 20:45:28 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-core-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686

The current development release is 1.4-rc2. Upgrade.


Quote:
wine configured as Windows 7, Screen resolution 1024x768.

wine configured as Windows 2008 R2 does not display splash screen.

And what about the default, which is XP?








Thanks, I installed both 1.4-rc2 and did winetricks ie7, but still no
joy. I have been emulating WinXP. Still trying to figure out which
driver is missing.

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (0).

I am on an older P4 system using the noveau video driver for X.

Resolution is set to 1024x768 which is required by H&R Block s/w.

--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR


Top 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
Level 6
Level 6

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 599
Hi Ken,

for wine you may probably need the closed source nvidia drivers. The IE7 thingy also was just a guess (a lot of applications expect it), if you reinstall, please try without first. In winecfg you can choose to use a virtual desktop window with the required resolution, there's usually no need to set your display to an 'unnatural' resolution.

If it still shouldn't work, you may file a bug. If you look into wine's AppDB, you will find some entries about H&R Block,
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=6532
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=22729
with very limited success in wine. If you need it running right now, you might be better off dualbooting or installing Windows in VMWare/VirtualBox.


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:58 am 
 
lahmbi5678 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken,

for wine you may probably need the closed source nvidia drivers. The IE7 thingy also was just a guess (a lot of applications expect it), if you reinstall, please try without first. In winecfg you can choose to use a virtual desktop window with the required resolution, there's usually no need to set your display to an 'unnatural' resolution.

If it still shouldn't work, you may file a bug. If you look into wine's AppDB, you will find some entries about H&R Block,
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=6532
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=22729
with very limited success in wine. If you need it running right now, you might be better off dualbooting or installing Windows in VMWare/VirtualBox.








Well forget hitting the wall. I am stepping back and found the door. I
am using Intuit's TurboTax in Chromium-browser.

--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR


Top 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 am 
Offline
Level 6
Level 6

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 599
Hi Ken,

It's fine, if Turbo Tax suits your needs. On the other hand, it would have been interesting to know, if H&R Blocks would have run with closed source Nvidia drivers (plus virtual desktop window). The point is, even if it wouldn't run, a bug report would be useful to improve wine in the long run.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: