Lost Saga / Rusty Hearts compatibility

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
nicoco59

Post by nicoco59 »

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of Lost Saga but despite we can finally use the launcher and update the game, it'll still not start because of X-trap (like Rusty Hearts).

I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much :wink:

If they want to take informations about my computer (and do we know which informations they take actually?), so be it, I just want to play :), also isn't it Wine a little bit like a virtual machine anyway? So who cares about privacy...

If I was a developer I would have take care of it myself already, but unfortunately the websites is my speciality not this.

So if there is a kind soul in that forum who can take care of this I'll be thanksful (and give money for the project), also I think take care of those protection softwares would help Linux to get a lot more people.

Thanks for your answers ^^

Nico
tparker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tparker »

On 11/11/2011 05:14 AM, nicoco59 wrote:
I'm a big fan of Lost Saga but despite we can finally use the launcher and update the game, it'll still not start because of X-trap (like Rusty Hearts).

I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much [Wink]

If they want to take informations about my computer (and do we know which informations they take actually?), so be it, I just want to play :), also isn't it Wine a little bit like a virtual machine anyway? So who cares about privacy...
Have you considered playing it in a virtual machine instead of through Wine?
dimesio

Re: Lost Saga / Rusty Hearts compatibility

Post by dimesio »

nicoco59 wrote: I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much :wink:
I think you might be confusing the words "privacy" and "piracy." Wine will not circumvent copy protection/anti-cheat mechanisms.
nicoco59

Post by nicoco59 »

tparker wrote:On 11/11/2011 05:14 AM, nicoco59 wrote:

I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much [Wink]

Have you considered playing it in a virtual machine instead of through Wine?
I think I tried a long time ago, 3D doesn't work that well on Virtualbox even if you enable the 3d feature (I remember I tried to play Sam and Max which doesn't ask for that much to a graphic card, but it still didn't work)

And I think I read X-trap can detect if you use a virtual machine or not and in that case will just prevent you to go any further.

Anyway I prefer trying by myself again, can give you the result later despite I'm not really hoping anything from this...did you guys managed to make a 3d game work on Virtualbox?
nicoco59

Post by nicoco59 »

dimesio wrote:
nicoco59 wrote: I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much :wink:
I think you might be confusing the words "privacy" and "piracy." Wine will not circumvent copy protection/anti-cheat mechanisms.
Mmm that not what I want to do (and I guess I'll be only ban for that), so in that case what is preventing Wine to let that anti-piracy software work? If I give you the error I get can someone analyze it and find where could be the problem?
nicoco59

Post by nicoco59 »

If it can help, here are the errors I got:

Ver : 3177
--- System Requirement ---
OS : Microsoft Windows XP / BuildNumber:2600/ MajorVersion:5/ MinorVersion:1/ PlatformId:2/ CSDVersion:Service Pack 3/ ServicePackMajor:3/ ServicePackMinor:0/ ProductType:1
CPU : Unknown P6 family / ID:Intel Corporation /TYPE:0 /FamilyID:6 /ModelID:15 /Code:2
Ram : Total:2047MB / Avail:2047MB / Load:18%
HDD : Total:42931MB / Remain:28021MB

--- Error ---
Client processing has failed.
(Error Code:226)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

nicoco59 wrote: Mmm that not what I want to do (and I guess I'll be only ban for that), so in that case what is preventing Wine to let that anti-piracy software work?
http://wiki.winehq.org/CopyProtection
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11344