WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help




 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wine font problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 2
Hi all,

I got a problem with Wine. I compiled Wine from source on Debian Squeeze. Everything is working perfect, only fonts aren't loaded well. The Window buttons are always showed as weird characters (differs sometimes) and in games all text exists of squares. See the screens:

winecfg:

Image

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer:

Image

I tried to copy all fonts from a Windows 7 installation to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts/ (this worked on an Ubuntu install before) but it looks like Wine doesn't do anything with the fonts. Also tried the winetricks script to install fonts, but neither worked.

Running wine in debug mode doesn't give usefull information (I think), I only got these errors (a lot of more identical lines):

Code:
err:wincodecs:PngEncoder_CreateInstance Trying to save PNG picture, but PNG support is not compiled in.
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {00000103-a8f2-4877-ba0a-fd2b6645fb94} of class {27949969-876a-41d7-9447-568f6a35a4dc}, hres is 0x80004005


I googled a lot for the answer but I only find the above solutions.

Does anybody have a clue what's going on?


Top 
 Post subject: Wine font problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm 
 
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM, habl <wineforum-user@winehq.org> wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

I got a problem with Wine. I compiled Wine from source on Debian Squeeze. Everything is working perfect, only fonts aren't loaded well. The Window buttons are always showed as weird characters (differs sometimes) and in games all text exists of squares. See the screens:

sh winetricks corefonts

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-987c381 ... 10c547c5aa
for more information on winetricks and how to use it.

James McKenzie


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Wine font problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 7846
habl wrote:
Code:
err:wincodecs:PngEncoder_CreateInstance Trying to save PNG picture, but PNG support is not compiled in.


Look like you didn't satisfy all dependencies before compiling.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Wine font problem
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:50 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 2
James McKenzie wrote:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM, habl <wineforum-user@winehq.org> wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

I got a problem with Wine. I compiled Wine from source on Debian Squeeze. Everything is working perfect, only fonts aren't loaded well. The Window buttons are always showed as weird characters (differs sometimes) and in games all text exists of squares. See the screens:

sh winetricks corefonts

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-987c381 ... 10c547c5aa
for more information on winetricks and how to use it.

James McKenzie


Already tried that, didn't solved it.

Quote:
Look like you didn't satisfy all dependencies before compiling.


Yes, but don't think that's the reason for the font to fail.

Anyway, on IRC I was told it's not a font issue but a driver issue. I installed the nvidia driver from the nvidia website, but will install the debian version in their repositories now and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the replies !


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: