Playing Rage (Steam version) with a gamepad

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
fettouhi
Level 1
Level 1

Playing Rage (Steam version) with a gamepad

Post by fettouhi »

I'm playing the newly released game Rage by id software on my Arch Linux 64 bit box and runs quite nicely. I was beginning to wonder if it would be possible to ply the game with controller/gamepad? What is possible/easiest to set up with wine? I have an ps3 controller could that do the job or would it be easier to get an xbox 360 controller or a completely different gamepad? Any suggestions are welcome.
fettouhi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Playing Rage (Steam version) with a gamepad

Post by fettouhi »

fettouhi wrote:I'm playing the newly released game Rage by id software on my Arch Linux 64 bit box and runs quite nicely. I was beginning to wonder if it would be possible to ply the game with controller/gamepad? What is possible/easiest to set up with wine? I have an ps3 controller could that do the job or would it be easier to get an xbox 360 controller or a completely different gamepad? Any suggestions are welcome.
Forgot to mention that I'm using wine 1.3.29.
fettouhi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fettouhi »

Those interested I just bought a original xbox 360 controller (usb) and I got working in wine with xbox 360 controller emulator and xboxdrv. I downloaded the emulator from here

http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/

choose xinput and the latest version

x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1.zip

then put the appropriate files inde directory where Rage.exe is placed and the run the xboxdrv this way

xboxdrv --silent --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --
ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,GUIDE=BTN_TL

(remember to unload the xpad module first).