msvcp80.dll...

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Fred2
Level 2
Level 2

msvcp80.dll...

Post by Fred2 »

Hi,
since the Wine 1.3.27 update (on Ubuntu), some applications don't start anymore, especially Google SketchUp. A window pops up immediately saying that the program has to be closed. This happens with programs that depend on msvcp80.dll. I tried all combinations of native/built-in etc.
Then I rebooted and created a completely new empty prefix and even Wine's iexplore.exe does not start.

I have two questions:
1. How can I try to fix this?
2. I need SketchUp running again in some days. I used the PPA because the 1.2.3 wasn't sufficient and I hoped/was too curious for further improvements. Is there a way somehow to revert to a version between 1.3.10 and 1.3.26? The download page always replaces the installers by the most current version. Alternatively I would have to be content with the old stable 1.2.3.

Code: Select all

Call from 0x7b839d72 to unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.??0?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@QAE@PBG@Z, aborting
See here: http://pastebin.com/egxfArq5
dimesio

Re: msvcp80.dll...

Post by dimesio »

Fred2 wrote: Then I rebooted and created a completely new empty prefix and even Wine's iexplore.exe does not start.
Is this a completely clean wineprefix--no winetricks, nothing else installed to it?
MacNean Tyrrell

msvcp80.dll...

Post by MacNean Tyrrell »

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Fred2 <[email protected]> wrote:
<snip>
2. I need SketchUp running again in some days. I used the PPA because the
1.2.3 wasn't sufficient and I hoped/was too curious for further
improvements. Is there a way somehow to revert to a version between 1.3.10
and 1.3.26? The download page always replaces the installers by the most
current version. Alternatively I would have to be content with the old
stable 1.2.3.

You can go download the source for 1.3.x
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/ then just compile it
yourself. Doesn't take that long. If on ubuntu/debian style (if you don't
compile previously), sudo apt-get build-dep wine should be sufficient for
dev files for compiling (if your on 64bit ubuntu gstreamer 32bit,
opencl 32bit, GetText 32bit OSSv4 are not supported by this build-dep since
it's building for 1.2, but for most app's that's ok, if you need gstreamer
32bit/opencl 32bit, etc you'll have to find them manually and install them).
<snip>

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... hment.html>
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

I've noticed 1.3.27 has caused a few of my programs that need a vcrun from winetricks installed to work... no longer work, wether they are installed or not, it always gives errors like you indicate... This is probably a bug that only shows up in certain apps.
Fred2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fred2 »

dimesio wrote:Is this a completely clean wineprefix--no winetricks, nothing else installed to it?
Sorry, I wasn't correct, in the empty Wine prefix was no error in iexplore.exe and SketchUp doesn't run anyways without msvcp80 (vcrun2005). After adding msvcp80, I got the described errors although it used to work in previous versions.

--

I decided to compile wine-1.3.26, but after some hours I got an error and I can't imagine what I could have done wrong. If I try it again, it would probably abort again...

make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/fred/wine-1.3.26/dlls/winex11.drv'
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op  -g -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0  -o xrender.o xrender.c
xrender.c:2443:6: error: conflicting types for ‘XRender_AlphaBlend’
x11drv.h:320:13: note: previous declaration of ‘XRender_AlphaBlend’ was here
make[1]: *** [xrender.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/fred/wine-1.3.26/dlls/winex11.drv'
make: *** [dlls/winex11.drv] Fehler 2

Compilation failed, aborting install.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Fred2 wrote:After adding msvcp80, I got the described errors although it used to work in previous versions.
Try renaming the file x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_deadbeef.manifest. (Just append something to the name so it's easy to revert.) It is located in the wineprefix's windows/winsxs/manifests directory.
Fred2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fred2 »

Thanks! That helped!
b0hoja

Post by b0hoja »

Hei, what are you renaming it to ?
manil

Post by manil »

I had been experiencing the same issues with some of my apps once I had updated my Wine to a more recent version. Google Sketchup seems to be one among those important apps which crashes consistently. Anyway, renaming the code file x86 as suggested here by Dimesio helped!
mizerydearia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mizerydearia »

dimesio wrote:
Fred2 wrote:After adding msvcp80, I got the described errors although it used to work in previous versions.
Try renaming the file x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_deadbeef.manifest. (Just append something to the name so it's easy to revert.) It is located in the wineprefix's windows/winsxs/manifests directory.
Yep. This worked for me

/.wine/drive_c/windows/winsxs/manifests $ mv x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_deadbeef.manifest x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_deadbeef.manifest_
hans

Post by hans »

Thanks dimesio.