Anti-Aliasing in Wine

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Milena
Level 2
Level 2

Anti-Aliasing in Wine

Post by Milena »

Hi Everybody I have a simple Question

It has been asked before but how can I get Anti-Aliasing to work in Games ?
I know it can be forced through Nvidia-Settings but only with OffScreenRenderingMode=backbuffer and since the default mode is fbo (and most Games need fbo for proper Graphics) it's not working here at all. If I enable Multisampling I get the Option to enable AA in Games but it does nothing. I'm just curious other people report they use AA in their Games, is it possible with fbo ? I have a nvidia gtx275 and use the latest drivers and wine version.
vitamin

Re: Anti-Aliasing in Wine

Post by vitamin »

Milena wrote:It has been asked before but how can I get Anti-Aliasing to work in Games ?
Enable it in registry first: set Multisampling to "enabled". See http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys for details.
Thunderbird
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Thunderbird »

In combination with FBOs multisampling won't work at this point. In case of FBOs multisampling needs to be applied to FBOs while we (and the Nvidia drivers when you set it using nvidia-settings) apply it to GLX which leads to undefined behavior.
Milena
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Milena »

Thanks for the replys

I got it working in a few games now
Plague

Post by Plague »

Sorry for reviving such an old topic but is the newest and it's spot on.

Is there anything new on AA in wine or do I have to choose between
Slow backbuffer + AA
Fast fbo - no AA
?