NWN2, Wine & 3D Acceleration

Questions about Wine on macOS.
DaveLevy
Level 2
Level 2

NWN2, Wine & 3D Acceleration

Post by DaveLevy »

I am trying to install NWN2 using WINE 1.7.22 and Wineskin 2.6, installed using macports. I ma using Mavericks on a MAC, intel i386.

Code: Select all

Darwin dave-levys-macbook-pro.local 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun  3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
I have used GOG as my software source. On booting the application, I get the following errors...

Unable to detect a video card with hardware 3D acceleration
Neverwinter Nights 2 requires a video card that supports this, please make sure that it's enabled.
….

Hardware 3D acceleration appears to be disabled. If your video card supports hardware 3D acceleration then please make sue it's enabled.
I have used winetricks to install the following dlls, vcrun2005 & directx9. I have installed mono using macports.

Google takes me to this page at GOG which advises the use of another bottler, playonmac, but I'd prefer to stay with Wineskin.

Any ideas as to what I should try, I'd have though this has been solved
mogorva
Level 4
Level 4

Re: NWN2, Wine & 3D Acceleration

Post by mogorva »

Install native dxdiagn.dll via winetricks:

winetricks dxdiagn
Besides, only native d3dx9_36.dll is needed to start the game here on Linux/Wine 1.7.23

See bug 34686
DaveLevy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DaveLevy »

Thank you, it'll be a day or two until I get back to Mac, I'll try and let you know how it goes.
DaveLevy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DaveLevy »

Still getting the error...

wine 1.7.24 - winetricks vcrun directx9 d3dx9 and dxdiagn

So I run a macports, check the winetricks, iuse winery to install the game nstall the game in a wine bottle, it does the hiccup i.e. won't finish the install and then I reset the "start" program and get the same errors.

I have read the bug page which to me implies that this shoud work.

Any ideas what to try next?
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

I'm not following what you are doing...

Are you using Wine via Macports, or Wineskin? They don't work together...
DaveLevy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DaveLevy »

Gosh - silly me I hadn't worked that out. I suppose my failure conditions are based on an attempt to use wineskin. I shall do some reading on this.

Do I need to open a thread at the winery's forums? The sticky at the top of this forum seems quite strict. I plan to persevere with wineskin for a while.

Dave
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

DaveLevy wrote:Gosh - silly me I hadn't worked that out. I suppose my failure conditions are based on an attempt to use wineskin. I shall do some reading on this.

Do I need to open a thread at the winery's forums? The sticky at the top of this forum seems quite strict. I plan to persevere with wineskin for a while.

Dave
If your question is about Wineskin (including Wineskin Winery), then yes... use the Wineskin Website.. and I'll help you out over there