Running Mozilla Firefox on MacOSX with Wine

Questions about Wine on macOS.
jkrisac

Running Mozilla Firefox on MacOSX with Wine

Post by jkrisac »

Hi

I need to run the windows version of firefox on my mac and i installed wine with fink and tried runnin it but i get the followin error after installation..

JiJu:MozillaFirefox JiJu$ wine firefox.exe
err:module:attach_process_dlls "msvcp100.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\ProgramFiles\\MozillaFirefox\\firefox.exe" failed, status c0000005

Not sure how to proceed and i really don't have ANY idea whatsoever bout what's happenin!
Would greatly appreciate any help on this.
jkrisac

Re: Running Mozilla Firefox on MacOSX with Wine

Post by jkrisac »

Fink was installing only wine version 1.7 something and i wasn't able to install wine 1.6 from the dselect list in fink. Not sure if the problem was bcoz of the version of wine.
On the other hand, Internet explorer worked just fine!!
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

I do not know about Fink, but as long as Wine is working correctly, install Firefox using Winetricks and it should work.

You may want to tell us why you need the Windows version, as it may not actually work right or be the best solution for what you need.
hrik2001
Level 2
Level 2

Post by hrik2001 »

Dude first of all install it properly, I would suggest with right prefix and choose right winetricks. your .dll failed to install which caused your app to crash. nothing wrong with wine. Download it once again