CrazyTalk 7.3 Application Support

Questions about Wine on Linux
jignesh83

CrazyTalk 7.3 Application Support

Post by jignesh83 »

I need Help for the following:

1. Using DirectX 9 Support for Application.
2. Using All Media / Video Codex Support for Windows 8.1
3. TTS MAPI 4 or later Support in Linux as Windows 8.1 has.

Link to Download Trial Application is : http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/trial.aspx

Note:
1. My environment is Windows 8.1 OS - I have used VirtualBox and Installed Latest Ubuntu and then installed Wine 1.7.22 and PlayonLinux Applications
2. I had tried to deploy it with PlayonLinux Application - 98% features are working and 2% are not working due to above issue. Please Someone Help me.

Following are the issue:
1. Might be due to DirectX 9 problems - Models in application give weird look but application export it output properly.
2. We can not import MP3 File to the Character -Wine Application get crashed.
3. We can not use TTS Support as Windows 8.1 in built - However I have tired installing TTS Voices with MAPI 4 and later Engine - It was Successful.

Awaiting Positive Help from Someone...

Thanks and Regards,
Jignesh Rajguru.
+91.9920046434
Attachments
Might be DirectX 9 issue
Might be DirectX 9 issue
Might be DirectX 9 issue
Might be DirectX 9 issue
Exporting of project gives proper output.
Exporting of project gives proper output.
dimesio

Re: CrazyTalk 7.3 Application Support

Post by dimesio »

If you have Windows 8.1 installed, why are you trying to run this in Wine in a VM?

PlayOnLinux is not supported here; this forum is for plain Wine only.

You didn't mention what Wine version you're using; if it's not the latest development release, upgrade.

Regarding the graphical glitches, since you're running Wine in a VM, the problem could stem from that. I can tell you that I downloaded the trial version of the app, and I see no such problem on my system (openSUSE 12.3, Nvidia GT 630 with 331.38 driver, Wine 1.7.22).

I can confirm that trying to import an MP3 file crashes the app. You could try native devenum. (I don't have time to test that right now.) You should also file a bug.

As for TTS support, Wine does not provide that, but as you discovered, you can install Microsoft's SAPI engine and voices in Wine.
jignesh83

Post by jignesh83 »

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your time and review.

Following are the answer for your query(s).

I have used wine 1.7 version and new version of ubuntu.

I am testing on Virtualbox because Crazy Talk 7.3 App does not provide support to Install on VMware and Hyper-V virtual environment, however I have done some tricks with vitualbox to avoid it's virtual environments detection. I can not format my Base PC System to Install Ubuntu for testing purpose of this application.

Many thanks to have update on DirectX 9 plugin Update - I have been sorted out.

For MP3 file you said using or Trying native devenum - you mean to say devenum.dll or its some kind of codec or application ? Please brief me so, I can tryout to some workout on the same.

Thanks and regards,
Jignesh Rajguru.
+91.9920046434.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Yes, I mean devenum.dll. I just tested it, and you will also need quartz.dll to prevent the crash. You can install both with winetricks. http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

However, even with native quartz and devenum, the app still doesn't seem to use the mp3, though it's possible I simply don't know how to use this app correctly. But you should file a bug for the crash.
jignesh83

Post by jignesh83 »

Hi Sir,

I will try the same for working out. The great news is that it accepting and works with .WAV format instead .MP3 - I ran it successfully.

I have created my voice clip with text aloud application and export .wav file with it and used it with application - It was Successful.

Thanks and regards,
Jignesh Rajguru.
+91.9920046434.