RAW mouse input regression with single/dual head setups?

Questions about Wine on Linux
krepp

RAW mouse input regression with single/dual head setups?

Post by krepp »

I have a strange behaviour with Wine 1.7.x versions.

With Guild Wars 2 eg. I can't move the mouse freely that my game character turns around for example. It feels like there is an invisible box within the mouse just can move. The strange thing is, If I connect a second monitor this is fixed. Seems like the developer who coded that patch has a dual head setup *g

We have a bugreport http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33479 for this.

Can someone confirm this?
olivierfrdierick
Level 5
Level 5

Re: RAW mouse input regression with single/dual head setups?

Post by olivierfrdierick »

Maybe the second monitor expands the cursor space in some way and then the cursor can go outside the invisible box and get warped? Just a wild guess.

Also: Are you sure that the invisible box is not simply expanded by the second monitor size?

p.s. Can't confirm because I don't have any of the affected games (Well I have Far Cry 3 but I've yet to find the time to try it).
krepp

Re: RAW mouse input regression with single/dual head setups?

Post by krepp »

I can say that the "sticky mouse" effect is completely gone if I connect a second monitor. Then I can move the mouse infinite in one direction within Guild Wars 2 (Gnome Shell). It would be great if someone here could confirm this issue/bugreport. That the monitor setup changes the behaviour how Wine handles the mouse input.