Wine on centos 6.4,please help

Questions about Wine on Linux
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Wine on centos 6.4,please help

Post by rita »

Hello in the past I have installed wine 2 times successfully,on the second time I used this guide http://www.tecmint.com/install-wine-in- ... nd-fedora/ and I truly dont remember I did nothing exceptional and it worked right away,it appeared under application the wine bottle,what to say to you bro now I have tried this guide and many more installing as normal user ,or on others as root and nothing seems to work,I really thaught it was my disc config so I went and re partition my disc in lvm group and still it dont work ,well maybe Ive become less committed to codes or I like less getting my hands dirt with codes since I remember that the very first time I installed wine I did it in an unorthodox way mostly manually plus installing tons of repositories and you bet it was such a true success man Im so sad I didnt make a guide of it,I even tried one of my most favorite program of windows 32 bits and it worked very charming,so sad I had to format that computer since it was required for my company's work so I really dont know what is happening I even installed 1.7.21 version and nothing.

It is supposed you download as a normal user and unpack as normal user and then you build as normal user but the problem arises when you try make install since in here I su to root and do make install but later do service wine restart and is unrecognized service please do help me if you can
dimesio

Re: Wine on centos 6.4,please help

Post by dimesio »

rita wrote: later do service wine restart and is unrecognized service
Of course that doesn't work. Wine is not a service that continually runs in the background. You don't start or stop Wine by itself. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-bd4da8d ... 28caf364ca
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rita »

Thanks for the tip moderator is good to know as much as wine is not an emulator but a transferer of calls.Well a little bit aside from this and based on what you readt here ,do you have any clue why I cant install wine,do
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

The guide you said you followed is incorrect. Follow the instructions in the wiki here if you want to build Wine yourself. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c31 ... 53dc41817b
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rita »

The official wine wiki needs a little bit of interpretation,something at which Iam pretty darni good at since it also is multi-directional in meaning so Im gonna test the info at its full and then I come back to you if it dont discomfort you,in the meanwhile all I have to say is THANKS have a lovely day and never forget to rehydratate in this hot summer.
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rita »

1/It says use a precompiled binary package for your operating system/distribution and when you go here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wine?rd= ... rfert/Wine there is no download links and nothing but Fedora stuff

2/Really what you gave me is not an installation guide,it is like I told you a multi purpose wine related source written by someone who has knowledge but has interfeering psychological problems that dont allow him to express well,the most that you can get of it is that after you unpack the stuff,you simply cd to the unpacked and then you ./configure and then make and then you become root and do make install,what a great advancement!,if this is just what did the guide you told me that was wrong,ha because you told me that it was wrong but you didnt specify why or where it was wrong,you simply washed your hands like Herodes.

The only thing I found on this page you gave me that was usefull was that you need the 32 bit libraries and this made sense to me because is something I remember from my first successfull installation,ye because it requires other libraries like libcc and some other repositories and something your page dont say is that indeed wine works better with a crossover installation even if youre not on mac,well what to say like the guy who wrote the page you sent to me that says wine is a weird program,ye and tons of weird guides all over the internet and all for why,because is a free project where mainly or mostly all loose interest or they try to keep it meanwhile they keep their carbs serving their own built purposes,but honestly they rather watch silly shows like cheaters or watch the history channel or make love to their girlfrien
or boyfrien yes we have to remind wine is a free source,but we should use official wine forums to post new guides meanwhile like I said one is interested and that will be good for us but there we go again then the web master of forum gets hacked then all his mysql database goes to hell and all precious info on it goes to hell too,then we all go to hell to,no we should go to haven and be effort too make this projects for linux better and getting better all the time.The sky is the limit.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

rita wrote:1/It says use a precompiled binary package for your operating system/distribution and when you go here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wine?rd= ... rfert/Wine there is no download links and nothing but Fedora stuff
Red Hat and CentOS use the EPEL packages. Experienced users of those distros should know that already, but I agree that page could make it clearer for newbies. The person to contact about that is the package maintainer. As you may have noticed, that page is not part of WineHQ; we have no control over what it says.
you didnt specify why or where it was wrong
The instructions on that page for 64 bit systems will build pure 64 bit Wine, which is largely useless. Most Windows apps are still 32 bit, and without the needed 32 bit libraries, the user will be unable to run them. There is also no such thing as "wine64cfg."
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rita »

Im not linux newbie,still somethings overpass me,neither an expert.I use linux because I love it and know that it requires more rendering and thats how I installed wine successfully 2 times and getting back to what you said about 32 bit libraries,you guess why I installed them fare well the first time?
Because I found the best repository place on the internet and that was my gain,if you ask me now which which was the place I dont remember,like I told you you dont do nothing on linux without time spend and craftmanship.
rita
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rita »

What provides really keeps me motivated as an incentive but somehow is sad that with so many knowledgeable people here watching nobody noticed that the problem was my disc config,because the guide I provided was not wrong and its first step installing development tools does marvels on centos 6.4,so bad this wise people couldnt see that the wine that comes by default packaged on centos 6.4 is awesome and for this reason It was my second successfull install of wine,ye is a lttle bit silly like romance is silly but is true,once you format your disc and partition it your way you simply blow away yum,ye because all default packages dont get installed compleate,and I dont think a yum update could solve this,there is still tons of cracks in the development of centos.
If you want all the packages to be installed correctly you have to let the installer do all by default typycal.