Cannot play Starcraft 2

Questions about Wine on Linux
Kraizer

Cannot play Starcraft 2

Post by Kraizer »

I didn't find anything in the search fields that related to my particular issue..

After the WWIII I had fixing some stuff yesterday, I decided to give WINE a shot as Starcraft II is one of my favourite games. Everything installed correctly and I updated the game without any problems. However, once I press play on the launcher, the screen will go black and some white text will appear for a short amount of time at the top left corner which I assume is just emulation information. Then, my screen will lock and I have to enter my password to get back to the deskstop. By that time, I assume the game has crashed. I don't know if it crashes for sure because I don't have task manager (or something similar).

What's up with this? o.o

I'm running the latest stable build. If it's any help, this is what I used to install WINE.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.6
sudo apt-get install winetricks
Kraizer

Re: Cannot play Starcraft 2

Post by Kraizer »

Apparently I can't edit my previous post, so I'll add some information here. I installed the catalyst center for my radeon 7770, now when I press play in the sc2 launcher, the game crashes and leaves this:

http://pastebin.com/tU1iCUq9