DLL Injector for wine games?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Setro2

DLL Injector for wine games?

Post by Setro2 »

First off, it may seem that when I talk about DLL injecting, that I'm trying to hack a game. That could be considered the case, but the DLL doesn't really hack the game- it just opens up some useful features, like showing a player's health, which is not default.
So, I was just curious, is it possible to inject a DLL into a wine game on linux? Or no?
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: DLL Injector for wine games?

Post by oiaohm »

Setro2 dll injecting is not impossible under wine. But you end up facing off against some Linux unique security.

Even injecting into a native Linux program has to obey the following rule to always work.

Injection is only approved for X application into Y application if X application run Y application by the process tree. So starting both applications stand alone and trying to get them to inject can result in a few different things. 1 both application terminated. 2 the application attempting to inject termated. 3 LSM module deciding to stop the full OS. These response all depend on how the security in your Linux Distribution is configured.

Problem here is a lot of Windows game injection code does not start the game its injecting into. Failure todo this Linux hate you.
Setro2

Re: DLL Injector for wine games?

Post by Setro2 »

aw, ok thanks.