getting xbox 360 controller to work in Skyrim with xboxdrv

Questions about Wine on Linux
unknown zombie

getting xbox 360 controller to work in Skyrim with xboxdrv

Post by unknown zombie »

I am running Arch Linux and trying to get my xbox 360 controller to work in Skyrim. I installed xboxdrv from AUR and I can get it running with no problems. I have xinput installed in the prefix via winetricks. I've blacklisted xpad kernel module and have xboxdrv running as a systemd service. Xbox controller support is turned on in the game's options.

The issue I'm having is that the controller will still only operate with certain games, which are the games that can use it with the regular xpad kernel module.

Here's some details about the set-up:

√ systemd service:

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description = xboxdrv

[Service]
User = root
Type = simple
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xboxdrv -D -c /etc/conf.d/xboxdrv

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target
√ xboxdrv config:

Code: Select all

[xboxdrv]
silent = true
mimic-xpad = true
#force-feedback = true
chatpad = true
led = 2

[xboxdrv-daemon]
detach = true
dbus = disabled
√ xinput winetrick is installed:

Anyone see anything wrong with my setup?
imneo88
Level 2
Level 2

Re: getting xbox 360 controller to work in Skyrim with xboxd

Post by imneo88 »

locate the file xbox360cemu.v.3.0.rar on the internet, copy and paste those 5 files into your game folder in your POL virtual drive, or wine virtual drive.. and then run

xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,TR=BTN_THUMBL,TL=BTN_MODE,GUIDE=BTN_THUMBR

...to start the Xbox controller

and then you can open XInputTest.exe with the WINE program launcher to test your controller. Works great. ONLY pet peeve with this is that the default location for the right and left joysticks are way out in nowhere.. so, in some games with 3D launch screens like Tomb Raider 2013 the screen turns and the buttons go wild.. before you even have a chance to do anything. :(