sound=alsa

Questions about Wine on Linux
cauzality

sound=alsa

Post by cauzality »

Hi. I've got a problem getting sound to play on StarCraft 2 (SC). After installing SC i couldn't hear any sound. When I type

winetricks --gui

I can go to select the default wine prefix > change settings > sound=alsa

when I close out it outputs: Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_sound=alsa\set-sound.reg

When I go back in and select the default wineprefix and then run winecfg I can set the audio to my devices and test it and it works.

Now in PlayOnLinux, SC is installed to 'SC2_WoL', not 'default' and when I configure wine from there I cannot select any audio devices nor does 'test sound' work. I can't change devices from anything other than '(System Default)'.

I read some posts of people with similar problems. My OS is 64bit but since I can get my audio to work (just not for SC) I don't think I'm missing libraries. I think I just need to know how to set 'sound=alsa' for the SC virtual drive I created in PlayOnLinux already. Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.
dimesio

Re: sound=alsa

Post by dimesio »

If changing the sound device works as expected in plain Wine, but not in POL, then the problem is obviously with POL, not Wine. Ask for help on their forum; this forum is for plain Wine only.
cauzality

Re: sound=alsa

Post by cauzality »

Okay. Thank you.