Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) ipc_channel pipe errors

Questions about Wine on Linux
eachna

Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) ipc_channel pipe errors

Post by eachna »

DDO has recently (since just before update 19) started crashing frequently for me when trying to load a character.

In the Pylotro wine output window, I see ipc_channel_win.cc pipe errors.

An example is here: [8:52:375790274:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(365)] pipe error: 233
DanKegel

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) ipc_channel pipe error

Post by DanKegel »

Sounds like they're using embedded chrome framework or awesomium now.

Somebody might try running the chromium unit tests on wine again
( see http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20353 for last time I tried it),
maybe that would show the problem in a simpler context.
hyalian

Post by hyalian »

Indeed, it does spawn several (I think 6 to 8) AwesomiumProcess.exe processes. For me, DDO typically causes [37:58:5998228:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(263)] pipe error: 109 upon character login (which is still working). When switching characters (logging off and on again), the same pipe error gets repeated and - in essence - the program will stop responding and hog the CPU.

Regarding your idea with the chromium unit tests .. I would love to run it and report back, but I must admit that I do not really know what to do :oops:
Basically, it starts with cross-compiling for win32, continues with "do I need the exact version the program uses or should I test the latest one?" and ends with debug flags for Wine or additional programs useful for the report (because I only used it for two or three applications and never looked at finding errors yet).

So if it is a reasonable workload, I would be willing to do it, but I would gladly take hints and guides to help me with it :)
Gidgamoe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gidgamoe »

I tried directly logging in using ddolauncher.exe from the C: file using wine. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade to high resolution I said yes then tried relaunching from pylotro, it worked after failing three times before. I don't know why it worked but it did. So try what I did and see if it works for you.