Neverwinter MMO won't let me login

Questions about Wine on Linux
marceel

Neverwinter MMO won't let me login

Post by marceel »

Hi, I installed Neverwinter MMO to test it but I can't get through the login page. It starts and everything but when I put acc/passwd and hit login It does nothing. Here is the error that shows up.

Code: Select all

fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_toElement (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_offsetY (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_offsetX (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_fromElement (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
err:mshtml:HTMLFormElement_submit Submit failed: 805303f4
Do you know how to fix this?
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_toElement (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_offsetY (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_offsetX (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
fixme:mshtml:HTMLEventObj_get_fromElement (0xe186968)->(0x32c55c)
err:mshtml:HTMLFormElement_submit Submit failed: 805303f4
Horigo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Neverwinter MMO won't let me login

Post by Horigo »

Hi Guy,

You must install internet explorer 8 so the launcher works properly.

Just use "Winetricks ie8" and you should be able to log in.

Game works great but low performance in town.
faB

Post by faB »

Thanks Horigo

I can launch the game now, and get past login.

After a rather long loading screen, the EULA appears, and I can't scroll it either by click-dragging the handle ,or mousewheel, nor can I click on the "accept" and "reject" buttons. So I'm stuck there. ALT-F4 doesn't work either so at that point I just kill the process.

It seems the mouse clicks don't register at all. I tried with virtual desktop enabled and it made no difference.

Something else suspect is that when I start Neverwinter, it says that the graphics card is unrecognized and suggest to run in low graphics settings. I put 2048MB in the video memory option but it doesn't help. Why doesn't Wine recognize my Nvidia card? Is it because it's an overclocked edition?

My setup
- PlayOnLinux > installed IE8 with Wine 1.2.3 (x86) > then installed Neverwinter into it.
(I did it this way because "winetricks ie8" didn't work, installer gave me an error about "architecture")
- My graphics card is a GTX 670 OC.
faB

Post by faB »

If anyone can run this game and also get past the EULA screen could you please post the exact Wine version you're using?

(this is also a 2nd post because the 1st apparently awaiting moderation but it's unclear to me whether it actuall got through, thanks)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

faB wrote: My setup
- PlayOnLinux > installed IE8 with Wine 1.2.3 (x86) > then installed Neverwinter into it.
PlayOnLinux is not supported here, and the Wine version you are using is obsolete.

Try the latest development release of plain Wine.
faB

Post by faB »

dimesio wrote:
faB wrote: My setup
PlayOnLinux is not supported here, and the Wine version you are using is obsolete.

Try the latest development release of plain Wine.
No problem, I understand.

There are two issues I've run into here.

The first one was to get past Internet Explorer 8 installation. I eventually gave up and tried with PlayOnLinux to see how that would work.

The second is the when the game itself launches, at that point I think it may be my GTX 670 OC no being properly detected, but I can try to solve that separately.

So let me backtrack a bit with the first problem: ie8.

My setup:

- Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit)
- wine-1.5.28
- nvidia-313 (313.30)

Step by step:

$ export WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wineie8

$ winecfg

At this point it seems to work, but it complains a little bit, I don't know how significant this is:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
(...more...)
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x113e8d0, overlapped 0x113e8dc): stub
Next I try to install packages (I am not sure here if its still necessary to specify WINEPREFIX in the same terminal session?, but in any case):

$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.wineie8 winetricks d3dx9

So far so good. Now ie8:

$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.wineie8 winetricks ie8

Some messages. Dialog opens "extracting files...". Blue Microsoft window installer begins. Click "I do not want to participate now". Next, "I accept", Next, "Install updates" is checked, Next.

Now there is a bunch of copy errors in console:

Some text prior to the errors

fixme:updspapi:UpdSpSetDynamicStringA 0x1406b0 "DownloadedProgramFiles" "D"
fixme:updspapi:UpdSpSetDynamicStringA 0x1406b0 "IEVersionUpdate" "I"
fixme:updspapi:UpdSpSetDynamicStringA 0x1406b0 "SystemTools" "A"
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:sfc:SFC_3 0
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATGetCatAttrInfo 0xffffffff, L"SPAttr"
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATGetCatAttrInfo 0x1bb3f30, L"SPAttr"
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATGetCatAttrInfo 0xffffffff, L"SPLevel"
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATGetCatAttrInfo 0x1bbf9f0, L"SPLevel"
And the errors that follow begin with:

err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\admparse.dll.mui" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\admparse.dll.mui"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\advpack.dll.mui" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\advpack.dll.mui"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\occache.ini" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\desktop.ini"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\webcheck.ini" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\desktop.ini"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\ExtExport.exe" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\ExtExport.exe"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\hmmapi.dll.mui" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\hmmapi.dll.mui"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\html.iec" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\html.iec"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\html.iec.mui" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\html.iec.mui"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA copy error 2 "d:\\42efb1b932d8cd45b70b47\\icardie.dll" -> "C:\\windows\\system32\\DllCache\\icardie.dll"
It seems I am not alone, I came upon this page while trying to solve the issue:

Installing IE8 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit (and avoiding the 32/64 bit architecture error)
https://gist.github.com/sandys/2958453

PS: the keyring error seems significant:
- When I try the steps again, just after winecfg, I remove my two external USB drives from D: and G: respectively.
- Then I run winecfg again and notice that the drives were not removed. It seems that the configuration is not saved.

Would be very grateful for any help.

I am not desperate to run this game in particular, and at this point it is not specific to Neverwinter.

Should I continue in a separate thread?
cirk2

Post by cirk2 »

You need a version at least 1.5.15 (?) since the game uses raw input excessevly.
And ie8 for the launcher, as already said.

But the game is somewhat unstable after 5-15minutes of play it closes silently (crash to desktop). I suspect it to be a problem with the implementation of raw input (it spams stubs all over the console).
Maybe I get a log later but my motivation is low since this game isn't exactly good.
faB

Post by faB »

With 1.5.28 and the only win32 prefix I could get working with IE8, the game doesn't get past the EULA (the legalese you have to accept before proceeding) and colour calibration.

I think the video card is not detected properly. In King's Bounty Crossworlds also I once got a "out of video memory" error. Change the VideoMemory setting didn't help.

I'm wondering if the "OC" (overclocked) edition of a Nvidia card is detected properly? Maybe the vendor or product id is not recognised?
Metalgrid

Post by Metalgrid »

wine-1.5.29 from the official repository, prefix created with
WINEARCH=win32 winetricks vcrun2005 vcrun2008 d3dx9 ie8
After attempting to open any site with IE it gives me the option to download the webpage. Running Neverwinter's launcher gives me an error that it's unable to download the webpage and leaves me with a white window. Any ideas what went wrong? OS is 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia with ia32-libs. Thanks.
Metalgrid

Post by Metalgrid »

Okay, I somehow managed to start it, but it's kind of weird.

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-test winetricks ie8
After that IE is working for me only if I launch it from the explorer, e.g.

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-test explorer 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'
And it's working and rendering as intended. So I launch Neverwinter with:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-test explorer 'C:\Games\Neverwinter\Neverwinter.exe'
That's it. It patched, launched, I even logged in with my newly created character.
I've sent an email to perfect world support to see if they would cooperate of creating something like pylotro for Neverwinter and (possibly) other PW games.