Black screen on DX/XNA games

Questions about Wine on Linux
andoru
Level 2
Level 2

Black screen on DX/XNA games

Post by andoru »

I tried running Gnomoria and Terraria (both use XNA4.0 + .NET Framework 4.0)
On both I can hear the sound, and I can hear the "clicks" that buttons make when hovering the mouse over them, but the window contents are just black, with the mouse cursor only being visible, and this error showers down in the terminal:

Code: Select all

err:d3d:load_numbered_arrays >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Loading numbered arrays @ state.c / 4225
I'm using 64bit CrunchBang 11 Waldorf with testing Debian repos.
andoru
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Black screen on DX/XNA games

Post by andoru »

So now I've reinstalled the OS to a 32-bit version and this time I get this message when trying to run any of those games:

No suitable graphics card found.
Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile.
Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed.
Make sure that the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode.
Avoid running over Remote Desktop or as a service
Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to full.
Here's what's shown on the terminal that's relevant:

fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32cbb8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_SetOptions (0x2) : stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0xd208e2, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 1, 0x32e484, (null), (null), 0x115f940): stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.resources"
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
As I noted in my previous post, the games worked under the 64-bit OS aside from not displaying any graphics. And I haven't done anything differently (when installing wine, xna40 and dotnet40) since last time. The games also work fine under Windows XP.
andoru
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andoru »

*bump*
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Graphics card/driver? If it's older Intel, it's probably this bug: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34871.
andoru
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andoru »

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, it's a Intel GMA 950, so I'm not sure if that model is considered old. As for the bug report itself, the applications I've been trying to run work, just that I don't get any graphics in the window they were supposed to appear (filled with black). Should I add my terminal output to the bug?
andoru
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andoru »

*bump*