Rome TW on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
avdheiden

Rome TW on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick)

Post by avdheiden »

Hello,

I was asked to provide info about my attempt to run Rome TW on my Linux system. Not sure what info exactly is sought, so please ask for additional information.

The system I tried to use is a Dell Latitude D830 with 3 GB ram and the latest Bios version A15

I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 32bit. I did install Compiz Fusion from standard Ubuntu repo's.
Additionaly, I installed Wine 1.2 and tried to install Rome TW (Gold Master edition DVD with version 1,5) from media. This failes with an Msi error during the installation of the miles sound modules. I upgraded to Wine 1.3.14 since it was listed in the AppDB as being capable of running Rome TW on Ubuntu but the error that appeared was still the same.
dimesio

Re: Rome TW on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick)

Post by dimesio »

avdheiden wrote:I was asked to provide info about my attempt to run Rome TW on my Linux system. Not sure what info exactly is sought, so please ask for additional information.

The system I tried to use is a Dell Latitude D830 with 3 GB ram and the latest Bios version A15

I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 32bit. I did install Compiz Fusion from standard Ubuntu repo's.
Additionaly, I installed Wine 1.2 and tried to install Rome TW (Gold Master edition DVD with version 1,5) from media. This failes with an Msi error during the installation of the miles sound modules. I upgraded to Wine 1.3.14 since it was listed in the AppDB as being capable of running Rome TW on Ubuntu but the error that appeared was still the same.
Post terminal output. If it's long, use pastebin and post a link here. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log