conquer online and direct3d

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

sunshine1 wrote:i think the problem isnt from wine can it be from firewall on ubuntu
Asking sorry by itself is really nice, and yet you didn't do what I asked you. How do you suppose people can help you if you keep jumping from problem to problem.

Some posts ago it was the color depth. Then, it could possibly be a bug in Wine. Now, it can be the firewall...

What experiments did you do that allowed you to get to these conclusions? You do know that a scarce part of the population doesn't read minds and, unfortunately, most people here belong to that group.

You have to understand that the sequence of posts you just ....erm....'posted' did not help at all, nor did it provide any details.

In your first post you say you "will try that". Now I wonder, what is "that"? I asked you to specify whatever you did/were going to do but you didn't seem to follow that.

Then you apologize. While this may be important in its own way....couldn't you have thought about it before...after all, you posted just a minute after....

Then, the third post jumps to another problem that quickly. By the way, if you come with the Ubuntu defaults it is not and never will be its firewall. Don't doubt it -- if it is running the defaults it is not to be blamed for....whatever you think might be caused by a firewall.

If you would take a time in your tight 3-posts-in-a-row routine, I'd suggest (for the THIRD time) that you wrote a decent, correct and nice text specifying what has happened, how you fixed things and how you reached some conclusions (for instance, why did you check if it was a bug in Wine when you'd seen it was the color-depth?; why did you turn into firewall issues?)

Lastly, if it *is* a firewall issue, which I highly doubt would be (but I can be wrong), it might be a router firewall.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:
sunshine1 wrote:i think the problem isnt from wine can it be from firewall on ubuntu
Asking sorry by itself is really nice, and yet you didn't do what I asked you. How do you suppose people can help you if you keep jumping from problem to problem.

Some posts ago it was the color depth. Then, it could possibly be a bug in Wine. Now, it can be the firewall...

What experiments did you do that allowed you to get to these conclusions? You do know that a scarce part of the population doesn't read minds and, unfortunately, most people here belong to that group.

You have to understand that the sequence of posts you just ....erm....'posted' did not help at all, nor did it provide any details.

In your first post you say you "will try that". Now I wonder, what is "that"? I asked you to specify whatever you did/were going to do but you didn't seem to follow that.

Then you apologize. While this may be important in its own way....couldn't you have thought about it before...after all, you posted just a minute after....

Then, the third post jumps to another problem that quickly. By the way, if you come with the Ubuntu defaults it is not and never will be its firewall. Don't doubt it -- if it is running the defaults it is not to be blamed for....whatever you think might be caused by a firewall.

If you would take a time in your tight 3-posts-in-a-row routine, I'd suggest (for the THIRD time) that you wrote a decent, correct and nice text specifying what has happened, how you fixed things and how you reached some conclusions (for instance, why did you check if it was a bug in Wine when you'd seen it was the color-depth?; why did you turn into firewall issues?)

Lastly, if it *is* a firewall issue, which I highly doubt would be (but I can be wrong), it might be a router firewall.
first: i didnt get all of that by my self if i had exprince as you say i wouldnot post any thread. all of that was from another threads i found the by searching in google

second:what do you ant after i apologized to you

third: if you found my suggestions is really bad thats not from me thats from the posts on the threads i have found by google

fourth:you asked me to search in google and i did you asked me to post athread in ubuntu and here it http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1274089
no one wants to reply

fifth:you talk about my replies 3 replies thats becouse there isnt any edit in this forum

sixth:i really want to start over and iam apologizing again now

" iam sorry"

ok now what do you want me to do??
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

sunshine1 wrote:
fourth:you asked me to search in google and i did you asked me to post athread in ubuntu and here it http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1274089
no one wants to reply
I suggest you lose the attitude that everyone has to jump immediately when you post something. Neither this forum nor the Ubuntu forum are paid support, and no one is obligated to help you, ever. On the Ubuntu forum, you posted two nagging reminders with no additional information within just a few hours of your initial post. You will be lucky if anyone ever answers you there now; no one wants to deal with a whiney, demanding PITA.
Sven
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sven »

sunshine1 wrote:ok now what do you want me to do??
jorl17 said exactly what you should do in the post you quoted:
jorl17 wrote:If you would take a time in your tight 3-posts-in-a-row routine, I'd suggest (for the THIRD time) that you wrote a decent, correct and nice text specifying what has happened, how you fixed things and how you reached some conclusions (for instance, why did you check if it was a bug in Wine when you'd seen it was the color-depth?; why did you turn into firewall issues?)
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i said that i got this suggestion from google now what do you suggest

Sven
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

here is what hapened Image

Denki